This episode is sponsored by The Alchemy of Yoga: Living yoga off the mat. You can learn more here.
Anna Guest-Jelley is the founder and CEO (Curvy Executive Officer) of Curvy Yoga — a training & inspiration portal for yoga students and teachers of all shapes and sizes who want a body affirming practice that supports them in exploring what body acceptance means to them. As a writer, teacher & lifelong champion for women’s empowerment & body acceptance, she encourages people of every shape and size to grab life by the curves. And never let go.
We talked about:
- Her weight and journey of yoga and body acceptance.
- Some of the misconceptions and alternatives she teaches yoga teachers for working with curvy students
- The root of your personal struggle with weight
- How she sees yoga playing a role daily on the journey of body acceptance
- Who her yoga teacher(s) are
- Her go to book for inspiration
- The most difficult conversation she’s avoiding having
- Her advice or rules for great sex